04/09/15 "Injurious Wildlife Species; Listing Three Anaconda Species and One Python Species as Injurious Reptiles" EVERYONE TAKE NOTE!!!! TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! "This rule is effective on April 9, 2015."
"§ 16.15 Importation of live reptiles or their eggs.
(a) The importation, transportation, or acquisition of any live specimen, gamete, viable egg, or hybrid of the species listed in this paragraph is prohibited except as provided under the terms and conditions set forth in §16.22:
(1) Boiga irregularis (brown tree snake).
(2) Python molurus (including P. molurus molurus (Indian python) and P. molurus bivittatus (Burmese python).
(3) Python sebae (Northern African python or African rock python).
(4) Python natalensis (Southern African python or African rock python).
(5) Eunectes notaeus (yellow anaconda).
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service or we) is amending its regulations under the Lacey Act to add: (This rule is effective on April 9, 2015.)
(6) reticulated python (Python reticulatus),
(7) DeSchauensee’s anaconda (Eunectes deschauenseei ),
(8) green anaconda (Eunectes murinus ), and
(9) Beni anaconda (Eunectes beniensis )
By this action, the importation into the United States and interstate transportation between States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States of any live animal, gamete, viable egg, or hybrid of these four constrictor snakes is prohibited, except by permit for zoological, educational, medical, or scientific purposes (in accordance with permit conditions) or by Federal agencies without a permit solely for their own use.
The best available information indicates that this action is necessary to protect the interests of human beings, agriculture, wildlife, and wildlife resources from the purposeful or accidental introduction and subsequent establishment of these large nonnative constrictor snake populations into ecosystems of the United States. We are also withdrawing our proposal to add the boa constrictor (Boa constrictor) to the list of injurious wildlife."
"This rule is effective on April 9, 2015."
For links of documents: